Recording my videos onto sky hd box

rhysmail

Standard Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to connect a Sony webcam ( has both HDMI and usual video out)

to the TV via my Samsung HD box. I.E as you would a video recorder..Then when playing my home videos (from sony webcam) that I would like to keep,, record it onto the Sky hd recorder for storing and future playing.. The SKY HD is currently connected to the tv via HDMI,, thank you

Is it possible to connect a Sony webcam ( has both HDMI and usual video out)

to the TV via my Samsung HD box. I.E as you would a video recorder..Then when playing my home videos (from sony webcam) that I would like to keep,, record it onto the Sky hd recorder for storing and future playing.. The SKY HD is currently connected to the tv via HDMI,, thank you

I'm fairly sure that this is not possible - sky boxes only record from their internal tuners.

I'm fairly sure that this is not possible - sky boxes only record from their internal tuners.

This is correct. They only record from their own internal tuners, there is no other way to place anything other than Sky broadcasts onto the hard Drive.

Is it possible to connect a Sony webcam
to the TV via my Samsung HD box.
Welcome to AVF.
Sky receivers don't have any input sockets so there's no way you could connect anything to it.

the samsung box has both a scart in and a scart out,

if a video recorder/ player was connected to the scart in, will the HD record from the video player? ,, does the output from the HD box then need to be connected either via the HDMI cable or the scart out,, thank you

if a video recorder/ player was connected to the scart in, will the HD record from the video player? ,, does the output from the HD box then need to be connected either via the HDMI cable or the scart out,, thank you

The scart in and out is just fow when your TV only has one scart socket it then allows you to use the Sky box as a pass through to the TV from a Dvd player for example.

if a video recorder/ player was connected to the scart in, will the HD record from the video player?

Did you miss the answers you have already been given?

sky boxes only record from their internal tuners.

They only record from their own internal tuners, there is no other way to place anything other than Sky broadcasts onto the hard Drive.

The Sky HD box is a PVR - ergo, it can only record from its internal tuners. It cannot record from external sources - you would need a DVDR with a hard drive to do that.

If you wanted to play your Sony webcam through your Sky HD box (note play, not record) then you would also need to connect your Sky HD box to your TV using scart as well as HDMI. The signal from the scart in is only carried out on the scart out - not via HDMI.

A very few pvrs (Sky ones are not one of these) can upload external video in the correct format to the internal HDD. This is normally known as a media server capability. Although not a media-server the foxsat-hdr twin tuner freesat pvr can upload high definition camcorder material with the aid of a free bit of software (AV2HDR). If the OP has a bluray player (including a PS3) then HD camcorder material can be copied to normal DVD burnable disc using a PC (AVCHD format). Up to about 40 mins of full HD can be burnt to a dual layer blank DVD

It is not strictly a scart in and scart out it is a scart pass through connection.

Dave - I think that marginally covers me for saying: "Sky receivers don't have any input sockets" - thanks.:thumbsup:
As I'm sure Martin would agree, throughput and input are two different things.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom