Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Recording my SKY+ recordings in RGB via the vcr out scart terminal

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by fuzzybee, Oct 21, 2005.

1. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I have a dilema, recently i purchased a Panasonic DMR-ES10 dvd recorder to copy some sky+ recordings i want to save. After setting it up how the manual states with the vcr output on the sky+ box going into the relevent socket on my dvd recorder and setting it up to accept a RGB signal i only get composite recordings.
    My sky+ box (pace) only sends a composite signal out of the vcr output, i cannot find any settings to change this to RGB am i missing something or is this how it is.
    I have remedied this by connecting my sky+ RGB output which initially went straight to my plasma to the dvd recorder first.
    Then the relevent output on the dvd recorder to the plasma, i can now record sky+ via RGB on my dvd recorder, daisy chaining it in effect.
    Now does everybody do it this way or do i need to set my sky+ box to output RGB through the vcr connection.

Can anybody help and put me out of my misery :lease:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Alas the VCR scart is composite only, I suppose it saves SKY a few pennies per box but times have changed and for some having two RGB outputs would be useful.

Daisy chaining as you have discovered the practical solution and I suspect used by most DVD recorder owners:)

3. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Thanks for the quick reply starburst, i can now rest easy knowing i did it right

:smashin: thanks mate :D