Recording Multiple HD Programs

daveymck

Standard Member
Pretty sure I read somewhere that there were problems if you tried to record multiple HD programs at the time, or possibley with HD playback when recording.

With C4 HD on now I want to record Location, Grand Designs (and form next week Ramseys nightmares) while also recording Torchwood. Will this be fine or should I not risk it and just use SD for the clashing times.

Realise these shows are probably not in true HD but the picture SD picture does look slightly better on the HD one.

Chip Nicley

Novice Member
Never heard that one before...Hmmm

I would try it and see what happens, There is no reason why it would fail as that's what it is designed for. Everyone who bought HD now tends to watch channels they never watched before because it's in HD and Sky know that, so if it was a fault i would be shocked if it's still a fault.

But hey i could be wrong :D, I've never had that problem.

Cheers

daveymck

Standard Member
Will give it a try, dont want to miss Torchwood and have to resort to the crappy sd editted for pre watershed repeat.

if you're that worried about it, record the SD versions :smashin:

Bachstrad

Novice Member

Starburst

Novice Member
Pretty sure I read somewhere that there were problems if you tried to record multiple HD programs at the time, or possibley with HD playback when recording.

Every now and again someone reports issues with stuttering when playing back a HD recording while recording a HD programme, reboot normally fixes the issue which indicates perhaps a software issue rather than hardware.

In this respect it's not different from other "bugs" that crop up for time to time, some never have them and those that do a reboot 9 times out of 10 cures it.

sofasurfer

Just this minute happened to me. Recording Torchwood and Project Catwalk in HD and tried to play Torchwood from the beginning. Stutters worse than Gareth Gates on a bad day and is unwatchable.

Trying to play another program from my planner is useless as that is unwatchable too. Stutters and the sound goes way out of sync and dropouts in the audio every few seconds.

If I go to one of the currently recordingchannels it plays fine but I end up not being able to rewind to the beginning.

Every day I seem to find more and more problems with my Sky HD and I have only had it two weeks.

Hope they sort these problems out sharpish otherwise I am going back to non-HD.

EddyHorn

I've recorded 2 HD programs and watched a HD recording at the same time without problems.

ozsat

Don't usually have a problem.

I've seen the stuttering picture before - it is not the recording so once it has finished recording - mains reboot the box.

chic

i have had similar problems, only when i am recording 2 hd channels at the same time and trying to watch a previous recorded hd programme.

Usually a reset sorts it out so wait untill the programme finishes and reboot the box. If i am recording 22 hd channels i tend to try and watching something from my planner thats not in hd.

ShortNick

With C4 HD on now I want to record Location, Grand Designs (and form next week Ramseys nightmares) while also recording Torchwood. Will this be fine or should I not risk it and just use SD for the clashing times.

Realise these shows are probably not in true HD but the picture SD picture does look slightly better on the HD one.
I've had similar problems recording consecutive programmes on the same channel when watching another channel. Something to do with the two tuners clashing I would imagine. Got round it by recording on one of the +1 channels, but can't do that with only one C4 HD channel. Might resort to using the old fashioned programming facility (ie, record from 9 o'clock for 3 hrs or whatever). Incidentally, when is Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares back on - love that show!!

Jaycee Dove

Novice Member
This is not really a minor issue. It does work sometimes but I have learned to avoid double HD recordings as much as possible becaise it fails to work properly about once every two or three attempts in my experience.

You cannot 100% rely on it on my May 2006 box, thats for sure.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom