• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recording live sound

SE2Dude

Standard Member
Hi guys

I have a wedding to film at the weekend, 1st one :rolleyes:, and there's going to be live bands, I did an event recently with live bands but the audio suffered when I moved around to get differnt angles, I a have a rode stereo mic.

I was thinking of buying a decent sound recorder and strapping it to a speaker and syncing the audio and video whilst editing, is this the normal procedure for single camera shoots??? If not what would you guys advise.

I'm going to also try and link a sennheiser wireless receiver to their frequency and maybe see if they're also recording the sound for use afterwards, but just wanted to know what people would advise in my situation

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom