1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording led remains lit

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Mr Grumpy, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Apologies if this has been posted before but a quick search threw up no matches.

Ever since late last night the recording indicator led on the front of my V2 Amstrad box has been lit, despite the fact that I am not recording anything.

Is there a known cure for this that won't lose any of my saved programmes or should I watch everything and then do some form of reset ?
    It doesn't appear to be affecting anything else, though I have not recorded anything today.....

:thumbsup:

2. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried doing a reboot? Just unplug it from the mains and leave it for 30 seconds. Plug it back in and leave it for at least two minutes, don't even press any buttons on the remote.Switch it back on and see if the problem persists. If it does you will have to try a full system reset, but this will wipe the hard drive.

3. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The leaving it unplugged from the mains for ages seems to have worked.
    I should have thought to try the most obvious thing first but the cynic in me had other ideas..lol.

Cheers.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    It's a known "bug". If you start a new recording and then cancel it, the lamp should go out.