Recording Italian TV for a 73 year old lady!

Giulio

Standard Member
Hi

My mum being Italian and living in the UK likes to watch Italian TV and at the moment she has a dish and a basic Technomate receiver (Tm-1600 etc) anyway she can't record/pause etc and would very much like to be able to do that. Being 73 years of age. I need to find something thats simple a bit like sky+ I guess. I dont really have any knowledge myself so any advice on what receiver I could get her that would be able to record using a italian TV guide etc would be very much appreciated

Thanks for reading this.

shadows

Novice Member
which satellite you watch italian tv on thought it was encryted on 13e the cheapest way would be connect a dvd recorder or pvr

fernandez

Novice Member
Possibly the only way of getting the same features and ease of a Sky+ box with the ability to record programmes directly from the EPG is to somehow obtain an official Sky Italia PVR and subscription - possible but not cheap.

Most other satellite receivers will give a 'Now and Next' EPG but, unfortunately, a full service provider's EPG will only be on an official receiver

shadows

Novice Member
if you still have family in italy get them to subscribe to mysky(sky plus) for 15 euro a month then just move ther box to the uk where you will be able to use the pvr and epg i do the oppersite with english sky in italy

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom