Recording incoming call - iPad

alexmat1

I use the iPad to attend interviews, meetings etc. These days we use zoom, Microsoft teams, Google meet app on iPad for these events. If I am attending an interview, I would like to record both interviewer and myself - so that I can later listen to the questions and my response and better myself. For meetings, I can use them to go through the recording again to refresh my understanding.

I would be using a blue tooth headset, so using a voice recording app to record the voice through iPads external speakers arent an option.
I am particularly interested in audio only, so the video isnt important.

Is there any app or internal feature of iPad I can use for this ?Thanks.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I think wearing a Bluetooth headset during an interview you run the risk of putting an interviewer off.

alexmat1

really ? Why would you think so ? Interviewers themselves wear them so they can hear and speak clearly . Plus my question was not that. If you dont have anything to answere related to that, pls dont

alexmat1

I know that, but that would show the interviewers that I am recording. They may not like it. I was wondering if there is a way to record (for analyzing my own interview and the questions asked and answers I gave). For example on phones, you can record both side conversations. There are several apps. Are there such things for zoom/skype/Teams calls ? I am only interested in audio , though if video also has to be recorded thats fine.
I cannt record using another device because the incoming audio plays through a blue tooth headset, so it has to record inline.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I know that, but that would show the interviewers that I am recording. They may not like it.
Which was what I alluded to in my original response.
If an Interviewer is talking to an applicant and that person is wearing a Bluetooth headset the interviewer is going to think that person's attention is elsewhere.
I'll leave it for someone else to come up with a solution for what you want to do.

Miss Mandy

I know that, but that would show the interviewers that I am recording. They may not like it.

Not sure where you're from, but in many places it's actually illegal to record someone else without their permission. And doing so generally isn't well received understandably.
As far as I'm aware most of the main video call softwares have the ability to record the meetings so I'm not sure what your issue actually is. Have you actually tried recording anything to check?

alexmat1

Which was what I alluded to in my original response.
If an Interviewer is talking to an applicant and that person is wearing a Bluetooth headset the interviewer is going to think that person's attention is elsewhere.
I'll leave it for someone else to come up with a solution for what you want to do.
Thats not the case. Blue tooth earpieces are widely used these days for phone calls/interviews/meetings etc esp with the pandemic and resulting remote mode of working. It makes it easier to hear, what you speak is clear etc. So I just dont get how an interviewer would think my attention is somewhere. I hope you have seen enough ppl using handsfree devices to talk, that aids in the conversation, doesnt take them away from it. I still dont understand what you are suggesting by bluetooth devices being a put off.

alexmat1

Not sure where you're from, but in many places it's actually illegal to record someone else without their permission. And doing so generally isn't well received understandably.
As far as I'm aware most of the main video call softwares have the ability to record the meetings so I'm not sure what your issue actually is. Have you actually tried recording anything to check?
This recording is not to used against anyone. Its for analysis of ones own interview. Plus I live in NY, where one party consent is enough for recording (meaning either side can record without asking the consent of the other).

if you read my reply above, video call softwares would have their recording but they would display on the call to the other party that I am recording them. This should be ok for a personal or family video call but not appropriate for an interview call, as the company might wonder what would I do with the recording( such as if I load it up on youtube to get some views about interview process at a certain company etc) . My intention is to study my own answers and introspect them later, such as if I sound nervous, am I fast, audible, repeating certain words often etc. Its a good self feedback that can help me finetune for the next interview.
Thus I am looking for features/apps that lets me record on my side. Since I am only interested in the audio part, that will be preferred though if an option comes with video thats ok too.
As I mentioned it should be a recording on my side without displaying to the interviewer that I am recording them. I hope I dont get anymore advices on invasion of privacy or any of that. The solution I am looking for is if iPad has any third party app or its own record function to achieve this.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom