Recording in composite & RGB?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Shin Gouki, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Shin Gouki

Shin Gouki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you record in composite and playback in RGB is the picture quality totally composite?, or is it like a mixture of both composite and RGB, considering that you recorded in composite and played it back in RGB? :confused:

Do you still get lip sink problems on a sky/telewest/NTL box if you watch something in composite and record it in RGB at the same time? :confused:

Is it possible to watch in RGB and record in RGB at the same time without any lip sink probelms? :zonked:

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    You will get composite ONLY on playback.

Sorry, you've lost me on the lip synch problem.

Can you clarify what make and model and what problem you are having

3. Shin Gouki

Shin Gouki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not having problems with any model because i don't own one yet. :laugh:

I wanted a panasonic machine but not any more, after the amount of people who are moaning over the lip synch problem that you get when trying to watch SKY/telewest in RGB and record at the same time in RGB.

I suppsoe i could record in RGB and watch in composite? :(

Why can't they just invent a machine that works? :rolleyes:

4. Yuccaman

Yuccaman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Shin - Many Panasonics will experience the problem if you are watching what you record.

You always want to record in RGB, not composite....

There are 3 ways around this:

1 - Watch from the second output - For Sky, this will be composite. For Sky+, you could use the SVideo output & connect to your TV if the TV can accept SVideo - better than composite.

2 - Whilst recording, effect a timeslip, so in effect you are watching TV about a minute behind schedule. The lip sync problems will not appear.

3 - Don;t buy a Panasonic... Seriously, I *think* the E100 doesn't have this issue. My HS2 does, but I hardly ever record a progam that I am watching live, so I knew about the issue but it didn;t matter to me.

5. Shin Gouki

Shin Gouki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Silly me :blush: , i forgot about the timeslip fuction.It would'nt bother me to watch what ever i'm recording about a minute later.

Thanks for reminding me about the time slip. :thumbsup:

PS,

Is there a time limit on when you can start to watch a program that you are recording, or can you start the timeslip proccess, let's say, 10 seconds after you first begin recording? :confused:

6. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Its not a minute later you can get as close as 7 seconds behind and not suffer the lip sync problem, but still close enough to deal with the red dot, if you are watching whilst you record.