Recording Gameplay with Toshiba DVD Recorder

jl76

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have just bought a Toshiba DR20KB DVD Recorder and I'm trying to record gameplay from both Xbox 360 and PS3.

As far as the Xbox 360 is concerned, I have connected the yellow/red/white cables into the AV3 slot at the front but I'm getting an error message "You are not allowed to record this programme -- E 51"

With the PS3, plugging the y/r/w into AV3 and not getting anything at all just a blue screen.

Any advice?

Hello, I have just bought a Toshiba DR20KB DVD Recorder and I'm trying to record gameplay from both Xbox 360 and PS3.

As far as the Xbox 360 is concerned, I have connected the yellow/red/white cables into the AV3 slot at the front but I'm getting an error message "You are not allowed to record this programme -- E 51"

With the PS3, plugging the y/r/w into AV3 and not getting anything at all just a blue screen.

Any advice?

Welcome to the forum.

Recording gameplay is notoriously difficult and problematic ( in PAL areas) because a great many games play at 60 Hz which DVDR cannot record.

If it is possible to output from the source devices Pal at 50Hz you have more chance of success.

The - 'You are not allowed to record this programme' message is exactly what it says. Something is triggering the protection systems.
It may behave differently with a different source.

Thanks for the reply. I tried a different source but same problem. I can actually view the Xbox briefly when I press the power button.

I wonder if I could make the dvd recorder region free, would that solve the issue?

How do you output to 50 MHz?

Thanks for the reply. I tried a different source but same problem. I can actually view the Xbox briefly when I press the power button.

I wonder if I could make the dvd recorder region free, would that solve the issue?

How do you output to 50 MHz?

(50 Hz = frame rate.. not 50 MHz)

Region Free or otherwise would have no impact at all on this issue.

You need to check the output settings of Xbox and the PS3 and see if they can be set to a standard PAL output... I'm not familiar enough with either of those devices to be able to offer any detail.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom