Question Recording from your DVR box to media for reply on another tv

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by golfbum18, Jun 11, 2018.

1. golfbum18

golfbum18
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I have Centruylink and PRISM. I would like to take the content off my DVR box, put it to something....thumb drive is probably too small, but an external drive like a Passport and be able to use it on another tv when I go on vacation. IN other words, I want my content from home to be portable to another tv.
    I thought at one point that the DVR held the content on its drive (this would be great and all I'd have to do was unhook the box from home and put it on the "away" tv) but during a signal outage last week, I tried to bring up some DVRed stuff while waiting for cable to come back. I got nothing. Makes me think that my content is not on my box at all but out on a cloud, the CL servers, somewhere else.
    I haven't kept up with the technology but think this should be able to be done.
    TIA