1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording from Viera Digital Tuner

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MarkF, Nov 10, 2004.

1. MarkF

MarkF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Well my Viera turned up from Internettvsdirect (5 weeks to deliver) complete with stand and dvd recorder. Absobloodylutelybloodymarvelous. And to top it all off the wife gave the thumbs up when she saw the picture (and thats with the settings turned down and before I switched on progressive) :clap:

I have the dvd recorder (E55 model) connected to AV4 on the panny. The question is, is it possible to record from the integrated digital tuner, and if so how?

Cheers

2. Andy C

Andy C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I quite often record to my E85 using the Viera tuner.

On the Viera go to Menu -> Setup and set AV4 Out to DVB and also set Q-Link to AV4. Now you can either set the Freeview timer on the Viera (Menu -> Setup -> DVB Timer Programming) to set up future recordings, or just press Direct TV Record on the remote to record the current channel. Both will automatically wake the recorder from standby.

Andy.

3. happyh

happyh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for that Andy.
    My viera freeview EPG only shows listings for the next hour or so. What can I do to see the next few days etc?

4. cj28

cj28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The firmware needs to be upgraded to get the 7-day EPG. This is done as an over the air (OTA) upgrade. These upgrades are only transmitted periodically on multiplex 1 (BBC1). Details of upcoming OTA upgrades and dates are given on http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/download_schedule.pl . My Viera was upgraded about a month ago to 7 day EPG (firmware version 2.36 (I think this is the right number but I don't have access to the plasma right now to check!)) and the 7 day EPG now works fine. You need to set the DVB setup menu to notify you when upgrades are available and when it notifies you then tune to BBC1 on DVB to download and upgrade automatically.

Hope this helps,

CJ

5. Andy C

Andy C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I only have the current and next programme showing in my EPG also. The software is E10_2.26. I guess we'll have to wait until the update for our sets is broadcast again.

Andy.

6. happyh

happyh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Me too. I thought it had updated itself. Perhaps I didn't go to BBC1