Recording from VCR to Pioneer 720

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mikey45, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Mikey45

Mikey45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I'm trying to record off my Sony VCR plugged into AV3 on Toshiba TV and outputting that signal to AV2 which then connects to the Pioneers front panel S-Video input. Real shame that the Pioneers second Scart is for signal output only!

The result is not good with practically no colour and lots of interference - I've also noticed that the Scart to S-Vid cable which is new (arrived yesterday from TVCables.co.uk) has a series of arrows which would seem to suggest that the signal flow is from S-Vid >>> Scart which would be the opposite of what I'm trying to do!

Are these cables uni-directional or does my problem lie elsewhere?
    Thanks, Mike

2. stanleyntl

stanleyntl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Yes svideo/scart cables are directional, because the scart must be wired up for input or output not both - hence you can't use it the wrong way round.
    What you could use is a scart adapter block, which will accept svideo/audio cables and can be switched for input/output - tv retailer should stock these.

3. Mikey45

Mikey45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stranley, thanks. I'll get the cable swapped for the correct version as I can see from my order that I did ask for SCART >>> S-Video.
    Cheers, Mike