• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recording from VCR to Camcorder

MariePierre

Standard Member
I'm trying to transfer home videos from my Sony VCR back to my Samsung Camcorder and then onto my PC, with the aim of making the VCR redundant. The Samsung instructions indicate that images can be recorded back to the camcorder either from a VCR or TV.
When I searched, I found this website with what seemed to be the answer which was posted some time ago. Redsox_mark recommended purchasing an inline scart with an in/out switch. I duly purchased the scart and voila! images and sound were transferred from the VCR to my camcorder - BUT - in monochrome.
Any suggestions please.

MarkE19

I have now sorted this problem on an earlier thread.
Just for info if anybody else is searching for answers to a similar issue - the earlier thread refered to is This One

Mark.

senu

Distinguished Member
Thanks Mark.
That is what I was trying to find, just to help someone else with the same query who then stumbled upon this thread

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom