Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Recording From Sky + To Toshiba RDXS-32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by lurcher, Jan 12, 2005.

1. lurcher

lurcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    Read the threads re STB codes for above but cant find a code that allows channel changing on Pace Sky Plus unit.
    Want to be able to timer record to Tosh from Sky but the only way I can work out to achieve this is to leave the Sky unit on the required channel when timer programming the Tosh
    Is this the best I can do ?

2. jdarushall

jdarushall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't think you will find them. I looked into this a while ago and the Sky+ box uses different codes to normal ones. This is why most questions like this go unanswered.

The theory is that you can use the Sky+ box to record to a HD so why would you want to do this anyway.

In practice do you trust the Sky+ box to record it properly and also pay Sky 10 quid extra for the box to do this.

The only way I can see this is to use Sky+ to record as it should, which means paying the Sky+ fee and then when playing back from the sky+ box, record it as a live programme.

Remember the programme on the Sky+ box is not compressed (?) and hence you should not lose any quality by doing what is effectvely two generation recordings.

If you haven't got the Sky+ subscrition then your stuck with leaving the box on the right channel and recording :thumbsdow

3. lurcher

lurcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    Thanks for the reply , yeh its as I thought.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,584
    As jdarushall says there is no way to get a Toshiba to control a Sky+ box. But to be honest with dual record now on Sky+ you are not really going to achieve anything extra anyway. You can't record two channels on Sky whilst and a third on the Toshiba (unless from the internal tuner!).