Recording from Sky+ to DVDR or VCR

collie

Standard Member
Reaction score
How do you record directly from a Sky+ Box to a DVDR or VCR without recording to the Sky+ hard drive?

Can this be a timed recording?

How do you record directly from a Sky+ Box to a DVDR or VCR without recording to the Sky+ hard drive?
Can this be a timed recording?

Can be.

Make sure the Sky+ box is tuned to the correct channel.

Set the DVDR/VCR up to start recording from AV2 (or whichever scart socket you have got the Sky+ box connected to) at the time that the programme is due to start on the Sky box, and set it to stop recording after the programme has finished.

A point to note is that Sky+ boxes, being recorders themselves, do not provide an output when recording, so it is necessary NOT to record on the skybox and do as Broadz describes above... i.e. just 'play out' the received channel.

That said, I would have though it was always safer to record onto sky+ first.

More can go wrong when recording externally.

Thanks for your replies.

As I intend to record to disc or VHS tape it was to save time by recording to Sky + then copying to disc or tape.

you can use a recorder to record from any sky box

just set the planner to the correct channel on the sky box ( or do it manually ) and then have the recorder record the av channel over the scart lead from the sky box to the recorder

I have normal sky and do this method a lot , but as mentioned before dont have the sky plus recording at the same time as it may not work , so try it and see

use the tv output scart from the sky box to the av input on the recorder and use rgb widescreen

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom