Recording from SKY+ on SD - will it upscale on playback through HDMI?

bigmondy

Established Member
Reaction score
Assuming I buy a recorder (reasonably priced as I expect to buying the PS3 in the new year) with Hard Disc and HDMI that will compliment my new TOSH 42" LCD.

If I record standard definition signals from my Sky+ box - when I play back through the DVD recorder - will it upscale?

Also: probably an INSANE QUESTION but - is there a way you can copy recordings allready on the SKY+ box straight on to the DVD recorder?

Cheers guys.

I don't see why not IF the DVD Player/Recorder support up scaling. As far as it's concerned it's just DVD playback.

Also: probably an INSANE QUESTION but - is there a way you can copy recordings allready on the SKY+ box straight on to the DVD recorder?
RGB Scart out of Sky+ RGB Scart in on the Recorder. It's real-time only though so you have to literally Play and Record.

Most people leave it going over night.

Thanks mate - that was what I thought.

Have you any recomendations for a DVD recorder that might also have DivX, HDMI output? I would assume they all have RGB scarts as an input.

I notice you have recomended Windows Media Center machine from the likes of Acer in another thread - would a media centre be a better buy? I am in the market for a new PC also?

Sorry for the 20 questions.

Sorry Bradavon78 - also should have asked - what did you mean by:

DVDr - Which can burn to plus, mins and RAM - on sutonjoes thread?

PS: you also suggest the Acer media centre on another thread - that looks like the dogs b0ll0cks that one - if I was to go for that - would that mean I dont need a DVDr????:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom