Recording from Panasonic DMR-ES15 to Sony DCR-HC21

K

Kevin o

I have a number of DVD's that I need to capture a portion of video off of to send to prospective coaches. I own a Panasonic DMR-ES15 DVD player and a Sony DCR-21 camera. I have to get the video into the camera because my editing software only works with AVI files which I need to camera to create. THe problem is how to connect these devices..Anybody got any ideas ?

I have a number of DVD's that I need to capture a portion of video off of to send to prospective coaches. I own a Panasonic DMR-ES15 DVD player and a Sony DCR-21 camera. I have to get the video into the camera because my editing software only works with AVI files which I need to camera to create. THe problem is how to connect these devices..Anybody got any ideas ?

Welcome to the forum.

As far as I am aware , this camcorder has no inputs so it is not possible to get material into it.

But there is another approach.

I assume since this is a miniDV camera that your editing software works with DV AVI [ so as to distinguish it from DivX AVI files ] which are relatively uncompressed compared to the MPEG2 files which are the basis of DVD.

Does your software not have an analogue capture facility? If so you could play the material on the ES15 into your system and capture the material as DV AVI files that way for further editing and final production.

Another approach would be to extract the MPEG files from the discs and use a Video Converter to decompress them up to DV-AVI and work with them.

Or yet another way is to stay in the MPEG 2 domain. Extract the MPEGs from the discs ... and use an MPEG editor which can be authored back to a DVD.

Either way you probably need to go and browse around the Videohelp.com site, which will give you lots of 'how to' guidance.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom