recording from NTL

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by mt7, Mar 16, 2006.

1. mt7

mt7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Has anyone else had problems recording from ntl.I have tried to record 4 or 5 films in the last few weeks but part way through the picture goes blank.
    When contacted ntl said that my set top box had blocked the signal as recording films is a breach of coypright.Am a bit confused as sky have sky+ and the tv mags.have videoplus numbers.
    Any help!!!!

2. Steve.J.Davies

Steve.J.Davies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    What box(es) you using.

I take the signal from the NTL box through my DVD recorder and its fine. If you are doing something similar its hard to know how the NTL box would know you were recording. And if its done inside the NTL box then why would it let you even start recording...

Sounds like the NTL rep was just blowing you off...

3. mt7

mt7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My dvd recorder is a Sony rdr-gx300 and the NTL box is grey with PACE in the top left corner.It is conected by scart leads .
    I agree in that I do not see how the box knows a recording is being done but after about 30-40 mins.after the film starts the picture disappears[it is OK from the ariel] Where do you live,I am in Staffordshire?

4. unregistered us

unregistered us
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    No regular broadcast channels have copy protection on NTL. A few on demand films do - you get told when you buy them if they do.

I don't know what the problem is though. DVDR or NTL box overheating after a while maybe?