• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Recording from Humax HDR T2

Pearl06

Established Member
Although I have had my Humax for quite a while I have never worked out whether I would be able to record footage onto a flash drive. I have a series I wish to copy to disc to keep and have actually transferred some of the episodes to my DVD recorder and made a disc from there. However the picture isn't very good and I wonder if a flash drive direct from the Humax would be better.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Pearl06

Established Member
I tried it out but nothing happened! I followed the instructions in the manual to no avail.

Ohbwell, back to the DVD recorder.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
You need to flash the custom firmware from Hummy,TV

Being digital the copies should be identical to the original broadcast

SD recordings can be copied without using the custom firmware. Format the stick FAT32 on a PC.

Last edited:

Pearl06

Established Member
Thanks for your reply, Graham. I have managed to copy one recording to the flash drive (which I did format) but when I tried to see the file on my PC it said that it was empty. From your message I read the point about not being able to see the files, so I carefully followed your instructions, to no avail!

Pearl06

Established Member
I have tried to copy and transfer another recording but this time into my sister's lap top. Same result - "This folder is empty"!

I looked at the flash drive on the Humax and it had copied! Very odd! 😨

Pearl06

Established Member
While I decide what to do I have looked at the Humax manual and on page 40 this is what it says -

"When a file is moved to a different storage, it will be copied. However, video recordings cannot be copied to other storages."

Is this the problem? It would appear so from Black Hole's list in the first link above. So I am wasting my time trying to get my recordings onto my PC!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom