1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording from Freeview

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Ebenezer, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Ebenezer

Ebenezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know how I can record from Freeview to DVD using a Pioneer DBR TF100? The set-up diagram shows a scart connection between the receiver and 'video'; I presume it's the same for DVD recorders? The only trouble is, my Cambridge Audio DVD53RW only has one scart socket, and it's clearly marked Output. It records from analogue through the aerial no problem.
    I'd be very grateful for any suggestions.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Yep it is that easy, in principle anyway. However certain products are cheap because they skimp on features and a single scart is one way to go.
    From what I have read you can not feed the DVD recoder with a scart source, it does have a s-video socket though so if you have a Freeview box with that output it's a better method than RF/Composite but alas the Pioneer doesn't:(

3. father alice

father alice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    the pioneer outputs svid from both tv and vcr scart socket, so you can get a scart to svid and audio cable ( or adapter), and hook the two up. Assuming the dvd recorder accepts svideo in, this is much better than rf or composite, and the cables only cost a few pounds.

(Need to select svideo output in the setup on the freeview box)

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Excellent, just did a quite scan of the listed spec before making the no s-video statement so there are times it's nice to be wrong:)