1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording from Freeview box to DVD Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by robbogee, Aug 19, 2004.

1. robbogee

robbogee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I try to record from my Nokia 221T to a Panasonic DMR E85 DVD recorder I get the following message on the screen from the recorder:- "Copying of this material is not allowed. Cannot record". This happens no matter what programme I try to record.

The TV is a Loewe Aventos, and all connections are by fully wired Scarts.

Can someone help me???​

:lease:

2. Dark Eyes

Dark Eyes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It looks like the Nokia has the Copy Protection flag on its output.

Talk to Nokia, there might be a software update (or previous version) that remedies the problem.

3. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    have you checked that the E85 is set to Composite Video on its recorder input, and not RGB or S-video?
    I'm pretty sure the 221T output is only composite on the Video output (the AUX scart). I don't have either box, but it occurred to me that a mismatch could give unpredictable results.

4. robbogee

robbogee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried resetting the input to the three options allowed, i.e. RGB, Video, and S-Video. The only one that works is S-Video, but with a terrible picture. No further ideas, I suppose?

5. robbogee

robbogee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thank you for the suggestion. I have e-mailed Nokia in the hope that they can help.

6. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are some Freeview receivers out there that send out a copy protection flag where there should not be one present.However,up to now I have only heard of the problem with Humax boxes,and only on certain channels.Certainly sounds like a software glitch.I was not even aware that Macrovision technology was being included in Freeview boxes .Very mysterious

7. robbogee

robbogee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, everyone. After e-mailing Nokia I have downloaded their latest software into the Freeview box and at last I can record digital TV on my DMR-E85.

Now all I've got to do is work out how to connect it all up correctly so that I can record either analogue or digital while I watch the other!