Recording from Freeview box to DVD Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by robbogee, Aug 19, 2004.

1. robbogee

robbogee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I try to record from my Nokia 221T to a Panasonic DMR E85 DVD recorder I get the following message on the screen from the recorder:- "Copying of this material is not allowed. Cannot record". This happens no matter what programme I try to record.

The TV is a Loewe Aventos, and all connections are by fully wired Scarts.

Can someone help me???​

:lease:

2. Dark Eyes

Dark Eyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It looks like the Nokia has the Copy Protection flag on its output.

Talk to Nokia, there might be a software update (or previous version) that remedies the problem.

3. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    have you checked that the E85 is set to Composite Video on its recorder input, and not RGB or S-video?
    I'm pretty sure the 221T output is only composite on the Video output (the AUX scart). I don't have either box, but it occurred to me that a mismatch could give unpredictable results.

4. robbogee

robbogee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried resetting the input to the three options allowed, i.e. RGB, Video, and S-Video. The only one that works is S-Video, but with a terrible picture. No further ideas, I suppose?

5. robbogee

robbogee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thank you for the suggestion. I have e-mailed Nokia in the hope that they can help.

6. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are some Freeview receivers out there that send out a copy protection flag where there should not be one present.However,up to now I have only heard of the problem with Humax boxes,and only on certain channels.Certainly sounds like a software glitch.I was not even aware that Macrovision technology was being included in Freeview boxes .Very mysterious

7. robbogee

robbogee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, everyone. After e-mailing Nokia I have downloaded their latest software into the Freeview box and at last I can record digital TV on my DMR-E85.

Now all I've got to do is work out how to connect it all up correctly so that I can record either analogue or digital while I watch the other!