1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recording from external source sony HC20E

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by pinches, Aug 4, 2005.

1. pinches

pinches

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

i recently purchased a sony HC20E to use in my rally car. i bought this with the intention to use an external bullet camera with the sony in a box under the seat. i was told by the guy in the shop that this was possible with this camera. however i am having trouble connecting it all up

has anyone tried doing similar? its basically the same as recording from a VCR but i am using a bullet camera instead. i have refered to the manual it says you can connect via either iLink or A/V cable

HELP!!!

cheers

chris

2. papabear

papabear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It is depending wat sort of connections the bullet camera has.
    If it has 3 RCA connectors ie Yellow, Red and White or just Yellow if there no mic you can use your AV cable that comes with the cami and connect it to your camera via female to female adaptors.
    Once connected turn your cami to Play/Edit mode and press P-MENU (bottom righthand side of the touch screen).

Once in there select REC CTRL, you should find the feed from you camera is displayed, then it just a matter of pressing REC START.
    Hope this helps. :smashin: