Recording from a video onto a hard drive

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sprint blue, May 21, 2005.

1. sprint blue

sprint blue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have recently purchased a Toshiba RDSX 34 and take delivery of it on Monday. :D

Dunno if it is possible or not, but I was wondering if you are able to connect a VCR and copy video footage (family stuff) onto the Tosh's hard drive.

If it is a runner, then what do I have to do.

Many thanks in anticipation. :hiya:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    Yes you can. Just connect the RDXS34 and VCR together by Scart cable.

3. sprint blue

sprint blue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply. :)

Good to know it's possible. I guess the instructions will be buried in the owners manual.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    It's a basic connection: Input/Output Scart on the VCR to Line in on the Toshiba. If you have problems connecting it up come back to us - but there isn't really much point in trying to describe the process before you have the machine.

5. I am a person

I am a person
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to do the same kind of video recording method, but I want to record myself palying video games off the TV (like a capture card). I found a really good camcorder, Aiptek A-HD+ 1080p SD card/Hard Drive camcorder, and hopefully my mom will order it for me on Monday, and hopefully receive it sometime next week or the week after.

Before, I used a Creative Labs Vado pocket camcorder, and after the first dat of recieving it as my most anticipated birth-day presents...it sucked; the video and audio quality is like really bad, so she said she would send it back on Monday (post office is closed) and get a refund, so right now I have nothing to record with if I need to :mad:. Hopefully it wont be a long wait...

But yea, I know to record this way, I need a 4-way splitter/amplifier, and one composite AV cable for the TV (the camcorder comes its own :D). So in the end, the set up will be: Wii and TV goes into the output jacks of the box, and the camcorder gets plugged into the input jacks. So that way, everythign u see within the TV will be directly recorded to the camcorder's hard drive, thus eliminating bad quality issues, background noises, and those gay scrolling TV bars.

I can't wait to get this camcorder :thumbsup: