Recording from a Skydigibox

denn

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I recently appeared on a TV Gameshow and I have the show stored on my Sky HD digi box.
I have recently set up my Sony DVD Recorder which has a hard drive and wondering if it is possible to record the show to my DVD Recorder where I should be able to fathom out how to put it onto a DVD Disc.
The Recorder has been out of action for many years since I purchased Sky HD. All the shows we record we watch straight from the box. This show I would like to keep. I have attached the recorder to the TV via the three plugs yellow white and red. I have got the Sony up and running so just wondered if the described is possible.

Kind regards Denn

With the connections you've described and the correct DVDR input selected (AV3 or whatever those composite connections are labelled as), it's just a case of playing back the Sky recording and pressing record on the DVDR...it has to be done in real time so that will tie up your Sky+ box for the duration.

Thank you for the reply.
I have not used the DVD recorder for over three years because the Digi box took over. I did record the show and it's stored on the Sky box. I seem to have forgotten how to use the recorder plus the instruction book has gone missing.
I shall attempt that method in the morning. Thank you again.

You can download the user manual, just put it's model no into the Sony support website...a quick Google will also find it.
Good luck.

HXD 870 Sony. Downloaded the manual but it appears that analogue was the main TV before Digital replaced it.
I have tried most the day to obtain a recording from the Sky box and even TV. When I looked at the connections it says something about a euro connector but all I have done to connect Recorder to the TV is the three jack plugs Red White and Yellow in the back of the recorder and the TV.
My TV is an LG using HDMI 2 and since I plugged the two together there is another one which appeared and it's AV 2 . It would appear I need another lead but I have no clue which one or even if I need one. I actually can watch what I had already on the hard drive.
On the Recorder I tried line 1 line 2 and all the programmes in an attempt to obtain a recording.
Seems as if I may have to get someone in to connect the two.

Last edited:
Use a scart lead to connect the Sky box to the DVDR AV2 and another scart lead from AV1 on the DVDR to the TV's scart socket...on your TV select the scart input you have connected the DVDR to and on the DVDR select AV2, press play on your Sky box, press record on your DVDR and you should see the Sky recording on your TV.
A "Euro connector" is another name for a scart.

Brilliant Jaycee and I thank you so much. Hopefully that will sort out my dilemma.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. [emoji3]

I connected everything as instructed and I actually got a picture and recorded the show onto the hard drive of the DVD. The picture is not quite as good as normal TV and the sound recording a lot lower than the TV also for which I'm not too bothered. Considering were on Digital I have done away with the Aerial cable Coax so cannot connect one of those. There is however a HDMI socket on the DVD.

Thank you for the instructions I wouldn't have been able to have connected it without them.

Kind regards Denn.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom