Recording Freeview

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sandersg, Oct 25, 2005.

1. sandersg

sandersg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody I'm new.

I have a Sony KD-28 DX50U Digital Television with the Freeview channels 'on board' and a new Sony RDR HX 510 dvd Recorder. Is there any way I can record the digital channels other than the 'Direct TV' method which means you have to be watching the channel at the time of recording!
    Also the Analogue channels on the DVD Recorder are not as sharp as they might be but I understand the tuner in the recorder is one of the best.
    I am watching the TV through an analogue aerial in the loft. The digital channels are absolutely top quality as were the analogue pictures prior to the Sony KD-28 DX50U .
    Should I try a new aerial ? Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Unless you are very close to the transmitting aerials freeview signals do not work well with loft installed aerials. You may need an outside wideband aerial.

Presumably you have the aerial co-ax connected to the dvd recorder then looped through to the TV. You could try a TV signal booster (maxview or similar) to see if this gives suitable reception otherwise an aerial upgrade may be the only solution.