Recording freeview with HDD DVD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nokiaman, May 19, 2005.

1. nokiaman

nokiaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i've setup all my stuff, (lcd tv, hi-fi, freeview box etc) but the dvd recorder doesnt piuck up any of the other channels, only norm 1 to 5.

I need to tape a programme for the missus tonight from itv2 but i cant.

How should i setup my freeview and hdd dvd so i can record thing.

Thx

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,560
    Whatever HDD/DVDR combi you have it will only have an analogue tuner. Accordingly all you will ever pickup on the 'channels' is the analogue channels (BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, C4, C5). To record from freeview you need to connect the Freeview box to the DVD recorder by scart and select the relevant input channel, e.g. A2, to be able to view the output of the Freeview box. Switch the Freeview box to the correct channel - and your ready to go!

3. nokiaman

nokiaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi thx.

I already had one scart to tv from freeview box and another one from freeview box to dvd r but it wouldnt pick up the stations.

I have no connected freeview to dvd r and it works when selecting line 2 etc but i have to now watch freeview through my dvd r all the time unless i swap scarts round all the time its a pain.

I can always just connect this way whenever i wanna record something i guess or maybe i'mm figure another way.]

Thx for your help.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,560
    Which DVD recorder do you have?