• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recording electronic drums

jkpman

Standard Member
I have a JVC DV camera model GR-D270U. I'm trying to record myself playing on a Yamaha DTX electronic drumset. The drum module has a 1/4 in. L R output as well as headphone jack. I tried plugging these individually into the AV jack on the camcorder and don't get anything. Is there something special i need in a camera to do this.....HELP!

MarkE19

Welcome to the forum :hiya:

With a quick search for the details of your camcorder I have found that:

The AV connection is an output only, so you wont be able to connect an external audio source to it for recording to tape.
The camcorder does not have a mic/line input.

So basically it is bad news and the only way to record audio with the video is via the built in camcoder mic.

To be able to connect an external audio device to a camcorder it needs to have a mic input, and many camcorders these days don't have them.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom