Recording DVD-R to HDD on E-85?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cuewoz1, May 22, 2004.

1. cuewoz1

cuewoz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just wondering if this is posible? I was reading Home cinema choice and they seem to say yo only can record from a DVD Ram to HDD? and not -R.
    Can some one with one confirm this please.
    Thanks

2. RBJTech

RBJTech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    This is incorrect - having just done it on my E85 (from a DVD-R) it is indeed possible to dub to the HDD. However, this is in real time and re-encoding mode only (ie XP,SP etc) - no high speed dub can be done. Perhaps with a DVD-RAM this can be done high speed (and without re-encoding) but having never needed to use one I don't know the answer to this one ...

Of course being a DVD-R any CPRM, MV and CSS had been removed so don't expect this to work on an original commercial DVD ...

I'm also positive that DVD-RAM disks keep the CPRM (copy of a copy control) signal so this is why they may be able to be copied at high speed (and the original then removed from the DVD-RAM)...