1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording DV/VCR to recordable DVD

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by frwatty, Nov 25, 2004.

1. frwatty

frwatty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been trying for some time to transfer recorded vcrs, analogue camcorder 8mm tapes and mini dvs to a pc to edit and save on disc

Whatever I try it does not work. I tried the Avermedia EZ maker and it shows a black and white picture with no sound and shuts down my pc (or laptop) after a few seconds

I then bought a Video to USB converter but I get a similar problem

My PC is bran new with large memory and storage so I can't believe its that. The laptop is also fairly new

I have almost given up so am wondering about buying a DVD recorder. Can you record from a Mini DV or Camcorder to these?

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks

Fraser :lease:

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You need to go to the PC via Firewire. That will be all for DV but for analogue source you will need to convert to Digital either going thru your DV camcorder (if it has A/D conversion pass through - not all do) OR you will need to place a converter like the Canopus ADVC-100 between your analogue source & Firewire In on the computer.