Recording DV Tapes from camcorder...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BAN5HEE, Mar 9, 2006.

1. BAN5HEE

BAN5HEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    Hi Guys. I have never owned a dvd recorder as have never had the need for one. I have loads of DV tapes which I now would like to burn to DVD. Would this be possible? Can you pause the dvd in mid burn if there is something you don't want to recored as you search through the DV tapes? The Camera is A sony and my Budget is between £150 and £200. I don't want to sepnd too much money on it but I need one that will do what I want it to. I have a HDMI Hdef telly with various other connections so connectivity won't be a problem. Could you recommend a decent player for me and can you pause in mid burn?

2. honkydonky

honkydonky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi
    Does your camcorder have DV output (Firewire)?, if yes get a DVDR with a firewire input for easy recording you control the camcorder from the DVDR menu , fast forward etc.If you record to DVD Ram or DVD RW you can edit after you have transferred which is easier than on and off the pause.

3. BAN5HEE

BAN5HEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    Great thanks Pauleo. I have bought the Hitachi DV-RX7000 which has a firewire fo my cam and tested it last night. It works great! Thanks for the reply.:thumbsup: