Recording distortion

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by doc-wynyard, Mar 12, 2005.

1. doc-wynyard

doc-wynyard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:

I need help; please. I recently purchased the JVC DR-MH30S, while I am generally very happy with this piece of kit I am having problems with recording from a Freeview box. I have followed the JVC instruction but there is distortion of the picture on the L2 channel, both when viewing a channel through the video or recording the channel. Any ideas what I have done wrong. I suspect it must be me, as the feed from both scart sockets on the Freeview box give a perfect signal to the TV.

2. JohnW14

JohnW14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried swapping your SCART leads over? It may simply be a faulty connection in one of the cables.

3. doc-wynyard

doc-wynyard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will give this another go though I have tried this with a good quality scart.

4. doc-wynyard

doc-wynyard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried changing the scart from the DVD recorder to the TV and the picture is fine from the free box to the TV, so this cannot be the problem with not being able to record from the freebox sucessfully.

5. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Is there a Input Type setting e.g. Tuner, VCR, Digital, Satellite, ...? If so selct the one nearest Tuner or Terrestrial TV. Digital in unlikely to be correct as the TV is analogue by the time it gets to the recorder.

6. doc-wynyard

doc-wynyard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your help. Not sure I fully understand. Do you mean the type setting on the Freeview box or the DVD recorder? As you more than likely mean the DVD recorder there is just the Out put to VCR and on the DVD there is the input marked satellite. I have followed the manual of where to attach each section and think it is correct connection just that there is distortion. Also, the signal is directly from the Free view box to the DVD recorder so not sure what you mean by the TV analogue. If you feel inclined to provide further information I would be obliged to you.

Regards

davidB