1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording digital channels

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by GordonP, Jun 9, 2003.

1. GordonP

GordonP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This may be a stupid question, but what the hell.
    I've just bought a Sony KD32DX150 TV with integrated digital and analogue tuners. I also have an NTL digital cable box and everything is connected using scart leads.
    I don't have a problem watching digital and recording analogue, but is there a way of watching digital via the NTL box and recording another digital channel via the integrated digital tuner or vice versa?
    :confused:

2. MikeHarrison

MikeHarrison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to check the Sony documentation to see if it can be made to output a digital channel - this should be no problem to record the digital channel you're watching, but may or may not be possible to record a digital while watching an analogue channel.
    Even my old analogue Sony TV has a button on the remote to select what it sends out of the scart, so I imagine a more modern one would do.
    Ought to be possible with a 'triangle' of scart leads - NTL to VCR, NTL to TV, and TV to VCR.

3. GordonP

GordonP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The TV, video and NTL box are connected with a triangle of scart leads and think I've answered my own question when typing in the reply.
    AV1 on the video is connected to the TV and AV2 to the NTL box.
    I set the TV to the digital tuner and the video to record from AV1 and then started watching NTL. Fairly obviously now, I ended up with a recording of the NTL channel I was watching as this was what the TV was outputing.
    I think from this, that I can watch digital on the integrated tuner and record NTL on AV2, but not the other way round .

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    A drawback of IDTV over a DTV box, they all do that AFAIK