Recording Digital Channels from Sharp 32GD1e

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by J__T, Mar 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. J__T

J__T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sharp 32GD1E I have hooked it up to my video recorder, but haowever i hook it up i seem unable to get the digital channels to appear on the recorder, i only get the standard 1 - 5. Does anyone have one of these or know any info if it is possible to record the digital channels from the built in freeview decoder from the TV.

Thanks

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    You just bought an expensive screen so go and buy a Freeview PVR

3. Hikikomori

Hikikomori
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :nono: Cheaky! But then again, I kinda agree :rotfl:

Anyway, I've got a GD1 myself. I don't watch that much TV on it tbh, but I have got an old VCR connected to it... Connect your VCR's In/Out scart to scart #2, set your VCR to the relevant input and there you go. To record while the LCD's in standby make sure you enable standby recording (has to be set every time you want to do standby recording :rolleyes: ).

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forums :)

4. J__T

J__T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Martin for your help, i dont know what i would have done without that valuable piece of info

5. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Unless you have a VCR that can record digital channels (I don't know of any), the only way of recording digital channels is via the SCART socket - the analogue channels that are on the VCR will be recorded using the VCR's own tuner. But having one digital tuner will mean that you can only watch the same digital channel that you are recording. This use is not unique to Sharp, it is how i-DTV's work in general. The solution to watching one digital channel and recording another is a second digital tuner. Either a standalone freeview box plugged into the recorder or as Martin says, a digital PVR.