1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording buffered viewing....

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by CyBeRkId2002, Oct 5, 2005.

1. CyBeRkId2002

CyBeRkId2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    afternoon everone.

i wondered if anyone could help me out with a little problem im having. when i hit record half way through a programme it does not record the beginning even if it is held in the buffer. My computer did this when i first got it, something fixed it at one point and it recorded any of the programme i had viewed but since a rebuild this feature has disappeared.

Anyone know how to rectify this? Will be happy to provide more info if it will help.

Michael

2. jimbob19

jimbob19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I would be very suprised if your PC ever did this - MCE does not record the live buffer - only from the point you hit record , or a scheduled recording.
    Tivo does and was one of the things I really missed when changing from TIVO to MCE. IMHO it should really be included in next release of MCE as it is a "killer feature" of tivo

3. CyBeRkId2002

CyBeRkId2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    I 100% definately had this feature working at some point, just not too sure what I did to make it happen... After looking around it seems most people cannot do this but at one point I pressed record and it recorded the buffer, and I was using it quite happily for 2 months...

Anyone else have any suggestions? maybe a plugin or extra which would make this possible?

4. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Sorry but with respect you are mistaken. MCE has never had this functionality with or without a plugin. It has been requested endlessly while you are the first person that I have ever heard of claiming to have had it working.

5. TheCrow

TheCrow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Hi CyBeRkId2002

I am in the same situation as you, I have definately hit the record button 10-15 mins into a program and it has kept the record buffer to the begining of the show.

But post a recent rebuild I no longer have this feature.

I am 100% sure about this as I was aware of people asking how to do it and recall thinking I don't know why they cannot get it to work.

So I guess that makes me the second person ever to claim to have had this working.

6. markxtc123

markxtc123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The following is a snippet from a transcript of a Chat about Windows Media Center Edition, March 18, 2005. It is from Microsoft's own web site and the entire transcript can be read at

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/chats/transcripts/05_0318_mce.mspx

"Nick_MS (Expert):
    Q: Will we be able to save what was in the buffer when we hit record, will it be able to be part of the whole recording instead of just recording from the moment you hit record (sorry if this was asked already)?
    A: This is a feature request that we've known about for a while (I'd love this, too!) and it's still on the list of things to consider for a future version. No plans have been announced for this, however.

So if you have been able to record the live buffer by hitting record part of the way into a programme then I guess Microsoft would be quite keen on knowing how you did it!

Mark

7. Sledge

Sledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought this used to work as well but I'm probably just confused.

Have you tried rewinding the buffer to the start of the program and hitting record? Simple test that may work.