Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Recording Box Office Sports prog possibilty?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Knyght_byte, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    Hiya folks,

i know there is a similar thread running, but i wish to be more specific in what im wanting....

heres the scenario.....WWE No Mercy special live event on Sky Box Office this weekend, £15 PPV......i want it....now for the questions

1) Is this treated like movies, you have a week to watch it once its recorded or its wiped, and 24hrs to watch it once you first playback even a few seconds of it? or can you keep it indefinitely on the Sky+ hard drive?

2) Can i record this program to a DVD recorder in any way shape or form, i dont mind if there is a minor loss in quality of picture or sound, providing its still better than VHS..heh (i have a Denon 3803 amp which i dont mind using to feed it through if that helps)

3) to make question 2 a little simpler, would i need to record it as a live feed while its on via say composite.....or could i record it to DVD while watching it or using the copy function?

basically i dont like the idea of paying £15 for something i will only get to watch once, whereas if i can record it and rewatch it once in a while i will be much happier.....

4) would i need a certain type of DVD recorder?, because to be honest im really only looking to spend £150, mebbe up to £200 tops....not worried about features, just the ability to record at a reasonably good quality of video and sound (if possible lay down DD sound but not necessary)

would appreciate any help as soon as possible as its on tonight and i wanna know if its worth me paying for it...lol

cheers folks

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    14 views and no comments...waaaaa....lol

puhwease?

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned