1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording and watching digital channels at the same time on a Panasonic EH95

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by chobson79, May 11, 2005.

1. chobson79

chobson79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if anyone could help me.... I've just bought a Panasonic EH95 DVD/HDD recorder and am still trying to explore all of it's functions. One big question I have is whether or not I can record from one digital channel (NTL) and be watching another. I read in the instructions that this is 'probably' possible using Videoplus+ but could anyone who already has an EH95 give me a bit of advice.
    Ta

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,257
    No. The E95 will allow you to record from any ONE source, i.e. internal tuner or from your NTL box. Whilst recording you can watch a DVD or play anything on the HDD (including the programme still recording). You certainly cannot record from one NTL whilst watching another - for that you would need two Cable boxes.

Videoplus is just an easy method of setting the timer (found on many VCRs). You enter the Videoplus number and the timer is set.

3. chobson79

chobson79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks very much for the advice. Do you know whether there is a DVD/HDD recorder that you can watch and record different NTL/digital channels simultaneously???

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,257
    No - and there never will be because NTL obviously have their own hardware and aren't going to add a DVD recorder into it (just as Sky won't). It's worth noting though that Telewest are releasing a HDD recorder in September/October. will be capable of recording upto 3 channels at once. And with NTL taking control of Telewest it's possible that their customers might get this.

Bottomline though you will still need a DVDR for archiving and a HDD/DVDR if you want to make compatible, edited recordings.

5. chobson79

chobson79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to say thank you for your advice, it was very useful!!!

6. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,257
    Glad to be of assistance :thumbsup:

7. cdb

cdb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    You might be better ditching ntl and going sky+ if it's an option. The sky+ has a hard drive recorder and you can watch one channel while recording another. All you need to do then is record what you've put on the hard disc to the e95 if you want to keep it. (and it's not copy protected)