1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording an Xvid file on to a DVD disk?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Shin Gouki, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Shin Gouki

Shin Gouki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to record Xvid files on to a DVD disk so i can play them back on my DVD player. Obviously just recording the file from my hard disk will result in an Xvid file that's on a DVD disk, so i was wondering if it would be possible to record the Xvid files directly from my CD drive on to my DVD -RW drive? IE, like when you record from video to video or DVD to DVD recorder?

Basically i want to record the Xvid file in MPEG 2 format directly on to a dvd disk. i know that i could do this with a stand alone MPEG 4 player connected to a stand alone DVD-Recorder but i only have the cash for a PC DVD-RW Drive.

2. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    There are quite a few programs that can take an xvid file and convert it to dvd. There's all in one solutions like DVDSanta etc or Main Concepts Mpeg encoder, in both cases you'd probably then want to run it through something like Tmpeng's DVD author to give it some menues and things. There may be better/ cheaper tools about.
    Its probably better to copy the xvid to your hardrive first and work on it from there, you'll also want space for the final DVD...

a good place to look for guides and things is http://www.videohelp.com/convert

have fun
    Steve

3. Shin Gouki

Shin Gouki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you see, i have a normal dvd palyer in another room and i want to watch my XviD files on that without buying a stand alone DVD recorder. I know that i coudl connect my MPEG4 player to a stand alone DVD recorder and record any Xvid files straight on to a DVD so i was wondering if i could do the same with my PC's CD-RW drive and a DVD-RW drive?

I wnat to know if some how it is possible to record the Xvid files running directly off my CD-RW drive on to a DVD-RW? This way i would'nt have to bother converting the XviD files back to MPEG 2.

Basically i want my PC drives to operate in the same way as a stand alone MPEG4 player/DVD recorder set up.

I want the DVD-RW to burn to disk in MPEG2 format even though the source file is MPEG-4/XviD/DivX.