Recording an .avi file to vhs but its black and white ?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Goatee, May 15, 2003.

1. Goatee

Goatee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there :)

I've been watching DVD's and AVI's through my TOSH TV and played from my PC. I have a Geforce4 Ti4600. I simply connect the SVHS cable between PC and TV and away we go.

I now want to record home movies (avi's) onto tape, but I don't have an SVHS recorder. So I took a trip to maplins yesterday and bought an SVHS - scart adapter....

I now have SVHS cable running from my PC into adapter, into AV2 scart on VHS, and a scart cable running from AV1 on VHS to AV2 on TV...

Using this method I can still watch DVD's and AVI's through my TV as I always have and I can now record onto VHS. However, my video recordings are black and white :confused:

Can anyone please tell me why this is? I get the picture and sound but its black and white.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

2. mij

mij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +821
    You are still sending an S-Video signal to the VCR, try using a composite lead from the graphics card (usally a single phono connector) and on my graphics card (Matrox) I can choose to send out either a composite or S-Video signal in the settings options.

mij

3. Goatee

Goatee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there :)

Thanks for the info. The problem is sorted now and I used the a yellow (composite) lead as you suggested. Cheers :)