Recording a society meeting for posterity - speaker, PowerPoints, audio, etc

filbert42

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm trying to record meetings (effectively lectures) on my MacBook. I already have an external camera and microphone which seem to work well. We typically have a speaker who delivers the talk to a small live audience. There will often be PowerPoint slides and bits of music (from CD or MP4 files) to illustrate points.

The live audience will see the slides being shown from my Mac and hear the music (it goes via bluetooth to an external amp and speakers). Now, I need to record the session for later sharing via YouTube or similar. The recording needs to include the slides, music, speaker's voice and the speaker him/her self (eg in a 'picture in picture' type window).

I've some experience with Zoom and could probably get it all working using that but there's no internet access in the hall we use. I've tried a wifi dongle but the mobile signal is not good enough. So I need some software on my MacBook to allow me to do all this.

Can anyone tell me how I can do all this? I'd be very grateful...

This will be fairly complicated. If you want to this live you'll need a team! If you can do it offline later you'll be able to put this together in a video edit from the component pieces, possibly in something free like iMovie but you may well need something a bit more controllable which will cost money.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom