1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording 8mm Tapes

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by guysie, Jul 28, 2005.

1. guysie

guysie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would appreciate some help, having borrowed a camcorder samsung 8mm there is not an adaptor for this.
    What i want to do is copy the 8mm tapes to a standard video recorder.

I have already tried this using the standard lead supplied with camcorder 1 phono pin marked AV and the other end scart but only 4 pins connected this is a scart adaptor, could not get this to record.
    I also tried using without scart adaptor the white and yello phono plugs directly into the front of the video but this also does not work.

Do i need to get a new lead where the scart lead is 21 pin. help would be very much appreciated cheers :confused:

2. SystemBlack

SystemBlack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It should work using either of the leads mentioned. I know it seems a silly question but have you told the VCR to accept the line in signal, usually AV1 for scart and possibly AV2 (line2) for the front phono connectors.
    The lead from the camcorder only needs 4 wires/pins as they are composite video, audio left and right and ground unless the scart is wired for mono sound when the fourth wire could be a seperate video ground. Without knowing which pins are connected, it is difficult to give an accurate assessment. Perhaps you could undo the scart plug and note the numbers connected, this will tell me how it is wired.

3. guysie

guysie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks will give it another go, and let you know the connections for the scart if it will not work cheers. :thumbsup: