Recording 2 progs at once

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by gers1978, Sep 14, 2007.

1. gers1978

gers1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    When recording 2 progs at once, obviously you have to be on 1 of those channels. But will the +/HD box switch to it if necessary?

For example say I want to record something on BBC1 at 11pm and BBC2 at 11pm, but I go to bed at 10pm and leave the box viewing ITV. Will the HD box switch that input as necessary to record? Or will it record ITV?

2. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    It pops up with a warning a minute before the dual recording is about to kick in, saying if you want to carry on watching the current channel then choose which recording to cancel. If you don't cancel either recording (which you won't if you're in bed) then the box selects the second recording as the channel to be tuned into.

3. gers1978

gers1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Cheers - I only ask as this morning I noticed 2 recordings failed over night saying "Clashed", but I'm sure when I checked it last night there were no clashes.

4. alternate

alternate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Likely one of them overran. If they had both been on time and clashed you would not have been allowed to set them both.

5. gers1978

gers1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Problem is NEITHER of them then were even partially viewable. They both just said "Clashed" and all I could do was delete them.