Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Recording 2 programs in a row using EXT LINK feature on Panasonic E85 and Sky

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by patroller2, May 20, 2005.

1. patroller2

patroller2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi was wondering if anyone else had this problem? I have a panny e85 and it is connected to my sky box via video scart. EXT LINK works fine when recording 2 separate programs from the personal planner that when one ends and the next one starts there is a gap in between (i.e.one ends at 17:30 and the next starts at 17:35 etc). The problem I have is when one starts directly after the other (i.e. first program ends at 17:30 next one starts at 17:30) esp on same channel, as the first program ends and the next one starts the recorded screen goes blank you can hear the sound but you can't see a picture. Has anyone else had this trouble?? :lease:

2. Richard Solomon

Richard Solomon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I have the same problem with my e85 - have you discovered a fix for it?

3. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,689
    Are you using the Sky VCR socket to connect to the EX85 and mode 1 Ext link.... or the Sky TV scart socket and mode 2 External link?

4. Fast Jon

Fast Jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I haven't been able to get ExtLink recordings to work either; I get the audio but no video. It looks like the Sky box is switching itself out of RGB as soon as it wakes up.

5. lasitha

lasitha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have the same issue with my EX-75. The most reliable way to record is to leave the Sky box on and set the timer on EX-75 to record from AV3 (or whatever). However, this only works for recording from a single channel.

6. Richard Solomon

Richard Solomon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am using Sky VCR socket and Ext link 1

7. Richard Solomon

Richard Solomon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to be clear - using ext link works very well and is a much quicker way to record from sky - it only gives a blank screen on consecutive programs, and this is very annoying