Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Recording 2 channels the same time!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by lewisn1, Dec 31, 2003.

1. lewisn1

lewisn1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is this available yet?

When I had problems with my sky+ box last week the bloke on the phone said its was working now! tried it, but i could only record 2 if i would watch one of the programmes (pretty much like pause works)!!!

Then a sky bloke came to replace my sky+ box cause it was faulty and he said it wont be out till the end of January!!!

confused!

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Yes it's been out a while but some SKY+ units missed the update and others bought since did not come with the most upto date OS pre-installed.
    If you do nothing it will eventually update itself but you can attempt to force an update.
    At your own risk of course:)

Hold the backup button down on the box while turn the power off at the wall socket.
    Wait 10 seconds and then turn the power back on WHILE STILL HOLDING DOWN THE BUTTON and then wait for a message on the screen or all 3 lights on the front of the box to light up, then release the button. You will only see this message if the SKY+ is connected via scart and the TV is on ( obvious I know ).
    The new software will take around 10 minutes to download and then the box will reset it self and stay in standby, wait another couple of minutes then turn it on with remote or the button on the box and you should be away.

3. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15

Yeh that's it. You can watch a pre-recorded program as well. To be able to record 2 channels and watch a third would require a third 'tuner' in the digibox.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

:blush:
    Totally mis-read his post:)