1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recorders with DIVX support.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rheum, Nov 21, 2004.

1. rheum

rheum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found a few threads that touch on this subject, but no real answers. What I'm after is a DVD recorder that has good DIVX playback support (no HD). Now I've found this unit in Germany, but readily available until Dec and only in Germany, so would need to get it shipped:

http://www.xoro.com/product/HSDR505.prod

Also found this unit:

http://www.elliondigital.com/DVR-530S.htm

But can't confirm that it has DIVX support....it says "DIVX ready", but what does that mean.

And one thread said that the Yamada recorders support DIVX playback. Can anyone confirm whether the Ellion supports DIVX playback or whether the Yamada recorders do?

Thanks

2. celeronmanuk

celeronmanuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. rheum

rheum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply...nice unit, but I didn't think that was a DVD recorder only a HDD recorder and DVD player. I checked on the Kiss website and I think eBuyer have it listed incorrectly.

4. celeronmanuk

celeronmanuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes, i think you're right. It's not very clear.

Very nice piece of kit though!

5. tdale

tdale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am guarded about DivX support, from incompatibility Ive read about. When Divx or XVid change versions, you may find that some files wont play. I find it just as easy to watch via TV Out, and if I wnat a keeper, I just record on the DVD Recorder (where my TV Out plays to). hatb way the long reencoding on the PC is not a problem, no audio-sync issues, very easy. Best way to deal with PC files IMHO

6. rheum

rheum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah know what you mean...mind you've I've got a DreamX DVD/DIVX player at the moment and it has not has any problems playing any DIVX/XVID film I've tried.

I got a response from Yamada tech support saying, not sure why don't you give it a go!! would do if I had a recorder to try it on :smoke:

No reponse back from Ellion, but good response from Xoro...can't see why someone doesn't distribute Xoro kit in the UK??

Anyone on here with a Yamada DVD recorder tried and had success watching DIVX films on their unit??

7. rheum

rheum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For reference, got a response back from Yamada and they do not support DIVX. The Ellion only supports some versions of DIVX but possibly not XVID.