Recorder without creating a menu

P

pizzatim

I am looking for a set top DVD recorder that has the option of not creating a menu. The pioneer DVR-7000 & 9000 have this option, but they are older models that are out of production. Does anyone know if the newer pioneers or any other recorders have this option?

I'm not sure it's allowed in the DVD Spec.

However, th enormal thing to do is to to make the DVD autoplay the main programme instead of starting at the Menu. This is an option on my Pan E100, imagine it's teh same for the Pioneers.

In the Pioneer DVR-5100 (and guess that in the newer models) there isn't any autoplay feature. So, you cannot define whether the first thing to be played will be the menu or the first title in the DVD-R/RW.

What actually you can do, after inserting a DVR-5100 prerecorded DVD in your player - whatever brand, i guess, is:

- if you press the "play" button on the remote you will start playing the first title;
- if you press the "menu" button on the remote the menu will be displayed.

If you don't do nothing, then nothing happens.

Hope that helps.

Best regards.

The Toshiba RDXS32 Does Allow This As i Have Done :thumbsup: It Many Times....And You Can Pick What To Show First Menu Or Chapters or Straight Into The Movie

Can you set it so other players will show the movie right away or is this just only for this player? I need to be able to burn video and then play it in a player but I don't want the other player to see the menu I want it to go into the play mode right way.

Yes It Does What You Want .......

I Burned DVD Back Today From Movie I Set It To Have No Menu, When Finished I Tried It In Both My Pioneer 565 And Xbox both Played Fine :thumbsup:

You can also do this on a PC. Just burn the "VIDEO_TS" folder on its own to a blank disc. When you insert the disc into a player the show just runs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom