Recorder out on marantz pm6006 amp

Curlyfiba

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I have a marantz pm6006 and was wondering can I use the recorder out to feed a headphone amp? What will the signal from the original source be like? Will it be changed by the marantz. There is a source direct button on the marantz. Will this button send a line level out of the recorder out to the headphone amp?
Does recorder out bypass the power amp part of the marantz?
I hope this makes sense.

I believe the recorder out on all amps is line level only through preamp section without tone interference, so I think yes for headphone amp

It's the best option for linking a headphone amp. Fixed gain so the volume is controlled by the headphone amp. You'll not damage your headphone amp nor the Marantz.

Cheers Gibbsy. One last question. Will the marantz colour what goes into the headphone amp. I might like it when I listen so not a problem. if it does and I dont like it I'll just run the head amp on it's own.

I don't think so, well at least my Rega doesn't colour the headphone amp as the performance seems the same. At the moment my headphone amp is connected directly to my Denon SACD player in a headphone only set up. You'll have the benefit of trying both an analogue and a digital connection I believe.

I don't think so, well at least my Rega doesn't colour the headphone amp as the performance seems the same. At the moment my headphone amp is connected directly to my Denon SACD player in a headphone only set up. You'll have the benefit of trying both an analogue and a digital connection I believe.
So I've connected a schiit Valhalla 2 headphone amp to the recorder out of my marantz and am using the source selector on the marantz to change between streamer and tt. The difference between that and streamer and tt direct to the schiit is the pretty much the same. It's difficult to tell any difference. But because it takes so long to set up I might have forgotten what each other sounds like. It might take some time listening to be able to tell if they are different.
By the way the schiit produces a helluva nice noise.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom