Recorder on the 605 not working for me.

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Jerold, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Jerold

Jerold
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying out the video recorder on my 605 - just a straight connection from a video source (VCR, DVD...). I get the video to appear on the 605 screen, but I can't get it to record anything. Whenever I press the OK or REC buttons, I get an ERROR - Recording Stopped message.

I've been told to shut the 605 OFF and ON again to reset itself, but it still gives me the error when I do. Is there something I should do?

2. Dell

Dell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried pushing a pin in the reset hole at the buttom of you archos? It maybe worth a try but back up your data if possible first.:thumbsup:

3. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +662
    Yes, a reset should fix that, it does happen from time to time.

Doing a reset presents no danger to the data on a HD equipped 605 but there have been reports of lost data on the 4GB version.

4. Jerold

Jerold
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got home and retried it. It worked right this time, luckily w/o a reset. I hope this isn't a common thing with the 605 (having things not working consistently).

I've been an owner of the AV500 for several years and it never froze up or didn't act up.

Then again, compared the the 500, the 605 has more components that could cause stuf to go haywire.

5. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +662
    Not common, I'd say I've seen it twice so far and I've used mine every day since they were first launched.