Recorder for Pal, Pal 60 and NTSC sources

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jtorry, Jun 16, 2005.

1. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I run a gameing site (www.pro-g.co.uk if you are interested) and have been trying to use the sweetspot video capture card but software support is not the best and having to play on my small TFT is a pain. At the time I bought the SweetSpot I tried a Panasonic E55 (I think it was that) but it would not record all the sources I needed. Is there a recorder available for under £200 that can handle all the required sources. Needs RGB in as well. Thanks

2. Alex Simon

Alex Simon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there
    Sorry to hear that you didn't manage to get SweetSpot running on the software you prefered.
    Was there a specific piece of recording software that you would like to see SweetSpot run on.
    We have developed WDM drivers which should work with a lot of capture software, but we can always supply a card to a software developer to get them to support it.

Cheers
    Alex

3. Alex Simon

Alex Simon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there
    We've had some great results with iuVCR
    You can use huffyuv (real time lossless compressor software) with it then you get manageble file sizes.
    There is a trial version available on their site. http://www.iulabs.com/

Regarding the drivers - if you're experiencing instability it's worth going through the process of removing all the drivers for BT878 cards by running the driver and selecting the appropriate "remove" function.
    Then reinstall the WDM driver which you'll need for iuVCR.

Let us know how you'll get on.