1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recorded through av but untransferrable sound

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by raiz, Aug 13, 2005.

1. raiz

raiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ello again

im being driven up the wall by this av related problem.

hope someone can shed light (or sound) on this.
    here goes

im running a cannon mv730i cam which am also recording through the av port to a bullet cam (helmut cam).
    this all works fine including the sound when in normal cam and bullet cam, and also on playback through av to tv.
    in a nutshell i have recorded sound, BUT
    when transferrerd to pc the footage recorded through the bullet cam via av port transfers whithout sound????
    is this a windows movie maker problem=nope all other footage captured is fine and this is on the same tape too.
    so i can only assume the sound format recorded through the av port is uncompatible.
    has anyone had a similar problem?
    or can confirm what the sound format would be?
    many thanks
    raiz

2. Petsyb

Petsyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if transfering via firewire they are 2 versions of mpeg2 audio the older version of XP's media capture i found worked fine for me though the newer version did not (no sound)

Petsyb

3. raiz

raiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ta very much
    ive just tried another suite called pinnacle 9.0 and again no sound off the bullet cam footage?
    do you know of any software which would cope with this??
    regards
    raiz