1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recorded programs becoming "Used 0%"

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by FarmDriver, Aug 15, 2004.

1. FarmDriver

FarmDriver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    We have a v.1 Sky+ box and since the latest software update we have twice had recorded programs switch to 0% after they have recorded correctly. The first program to do this was the second part of one the new series of "Waking the Dead". We were very annoyed to find this had happened having just spent an hour watching the first part. We had thought this was a one off problem but today my wife recorded "Logans run" and had a similar problem. It had finished recording and she was playing it back when I came in from combining so she put it onto pause. Then when she went to continue watching by pressing the play button the screen that comes up said it was paused at 88 minutes but that the used amount was now 0%. When she than went to the Sky planner it had changed to "recording failed". This despite her watching the first 88 minutes. The only thing we tried before deleting it was a standard reboot but this made no difference.

Has anybody else had a similar problem and if so did you manage to get the recording back?

Thanks for any replies.

2. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar experience during the Grand Prix yesterday. I had recorded it and when I went to watch it the planner had indicated that it had recorded okay as expected. However, 85 mins into the recording a message came up on screen saying "sky needs an input signal to continue recording" or something similar. I tried to continue to watch the GP but not joy. Went into the planner and it had stated that the programme had been viewed and gave all indications that it had been recorded, giving total time etc but it gave a 0% space used. No matter what I had tried it remained unwatchable. Had to delete it. Hope it's not another bug that's been released on the SKY domain!

3. KevinWood

KevinWood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also experienced this on Sunday night, the missus was watching Big Brother - Winners Week recording, when she paused it after about 40 minutes, then tried to resume it wouldn't and had the 0% message!!!! She wasn't happy.

Hope this doesn't become a regular issue,

Cheers

Kevin.

4. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Used to happen on my unmodded v2 box once every month or two. Mostly on programmes on Sky One, which was okay because they were repeated on Sky One Mix. But very annoying when happened on BBC. :mad:

Haven't had it in a while though (fingers crossed).

StooMonster